Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sugar Skull Cupcake Birthday card

Other than my post the other day, I've been a bit missing-in-action from the blog scene for the last few weeks. My mom fell ill and my sibs and I have been sharing care-taking duty. However, I did bring images, markers, and pencils with me and squeezed in a bit of coloring when I could. Therefore, my color schemes were just what popped into my head at the time, which was oddly freeing.

I got a bunch of images colored and I'm "carding" them now! Here's the first which uses SCACD's Skullie Cupcake Digital stamp, which is from the latest release of SCACD Digis! If you haven't seen these new digi stamps, you really ought to click on over to check them out! They are a mixed bag of quirky and fun images that I find totally appealing!

Anyway, here's the card!

Skullie Cupcake Digital stamp was resized in PhotoElements and printed onto Neenah cardstock with my laser printer. The image was colored with Copic markers, then fussy-cut. It was hot at my mom's so I was craving citrus and chocolate. Actually, I always crave chocolate. So the colors of my sugar skull cupcakes reflect my cravings!

The patterned papers are from old Basic Grey 6x6 pads. All layers were edged with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. I used Die-Namics die-cuts for the patterned paper mats. SCACD's Ornate Hinge die (on sale!!!) was used to die-cut solid patterned paper to hold the sentiment. The sentiment die-cut is by Elizabeth Crafts. Vellum was cut using a Nestabilities die by Spellbinders.

Gemstones were used to finish the card!

Thanks for visiting today!



1 comment:

  1. Sure hope your mom gets completely well soon! :^)
    Love your cupcake card! The image is too cute, love all the colors & DP, and very cool die cuts! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete