Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I Love Coffee!


 This week the ladies on the Stampendous Design Team are showcasing the wonderful new Curio Stamps. Be sure to check out Stampendous' Blog to see my teammates' stunning projects. I know that you'll be inspired!

Here's my second card for Curio Stamps week. This time I'm showing what I've done with the wonderful Curio Coffee Friend.



In addition to my love and adoration of cats, I also love coffee, so the Curio Coffee Friend stamp had to join my collection of coffee stamps. I'm not sure if you can read what it says on the coffee cup, so here goes. "Happiness is a good cup of coffee shared with a friend". Very true, but I guess I'm my own best friend since I have to have several cups before I'm ready for company!

Supplies:

Stampendous Products:

Other Products:
Copic Markers®: B12, B14, C04, C10, E43, E44
Tim Holtz® Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger
Double Dot Very Vintage 6x6 pads by Bo Bunny
Rope Swing Dotted Swiss cardstock by Bazzill Basics
Kraft cardstock by Bazzill Basics
Coffee-themed ribbon (source unknown)
Big Shot by Sizzix
Mini-Blending Tool and Pads by Ranger
Tim Holtz® Stamping Platform by Tonic Studios.

Directions:
  1. Stamp Curio Coffee friend onto white cardstock, color with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edge with a black marker. Set aside.
  2. Position the 6x6 Cling Clock Collage Rubber Stamp onto the Stamping Platform. Ink the stamp with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink, then stamp onto blue patterned paper. Re-ink and stamp again if necessary. Then ink again and stamp onto a second sheet of the blue patterned paper.
  3. Using a die from the Fitted Frames A Die-Cut Set , die-cut one of the sheets of the blue patterned paper in the center. Sponge the edges lightly with the Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.
  4. Use the slightly larger die from the Fitted Frames A Die-Cut Set, die-cut a piece of the Rope Swing Dotted Swiss cardstock. Sponge the edges with the Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.
  5. Adhere the blue die-cut to the Dotted Swiss die-cut, line up the matted stamped die-cut with its counterpart on the other sheet of stamped blue cardstock.
  6. Trim the other sheet of stamped patterned paper to 5 3/8" square.
  7. Adhere the ribbon.
  8. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 5.5" x 11", score, and fold.
  9. Adhere the image panel to the card.
Thanks for visiting today!


10 comments:

  1. Love this card, Kathi! It just makes me realize that it's time for another cup of coffee!! The Clock Collage background is just perfect for this card!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, smell the coffee! Love the pretty "coffee colored" stacked background to accompany your darling curios stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Love the cup stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clock background is perfect. COFFEE BREAK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect! The background and the cup are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I love the clocks background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background looks so perfect with the Curio Coffee Friend stamp. Coffee lovers will welcome this stamp for crafting and display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Awesome card, love the colors. I also am addicted to coffee and this and the Butterfly stamp is the one I will be getting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background for this coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this fun Curio stamp! Great card!

    ReplyDelete